Adventures by Disney Announces Egypt Itinerary, Growing Global Vacation Portfolio for 2020
The roster of worldwide Adventures by Disney® vacations for 2020, including an unforgettable itinerary in Egypt has been announced. Featuring adventures by land, river and sea, this amazing tour will fully immerse you in the storied land of pharaohs and pyramids.
Adventures by Disney® is adding more adult-exclusive departures than ever before in 2020. Many of these itineraries will include new activities and experiences tailored to adults. Creating the perfect vacation option for groups of friends, couples, extended family and adults traveling with their parents. And of course, they are bringing back more than 35 popular itineraries around the globe. Including a trip to Montana and Yellowstone National Park that will offer brand-new experiences in 2020.
[Booking opens for Adventure Insiders, Disney Vacation Club members, Golden Oak residents, and Platinum and Gold Castaway Club Members on May 14, 2019. Booking for general public opens on May 16, 2019.]
The Ultimate Egypt Experience – Transcending Time and Terrain
With Adventures by Disney®, you will be immersed in the allure of both ancient and modern Egypt during a skillfully planned itinerary developed with the trusted family travel expertise of Disney. Highlights from the 10-day, nine-night Egypt vacation include:
- Visits to breathtaking ancient monuments with the expert guidance of a world-class Egyptologist. These include the world-famous pyramids and Sphinx of Giza; the Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun’s tomb; and the temples of Luxor, Kom Ombo, Horus at Edfu, Philae and Karnak.
- Immersive experiences at the brand-new Grand Egyptian Museum, which opens to the public in 2020. Here, Guests can embark on an interactive King Tut-themed treasure hunt or peruse the museum’s state-of-the-art exhibits at their leisure.
- Access to the inner wonders of the Great Pyramid of Giza during a tour of the burial chamber of Pharaoh Cheops.
- Interactive cultural activities, such as a chef-led cooking class on Egyptian specialties, a Nubian folkloric show and henna tattoo experience, and a hieroglyphic writing lesson.
- Picture-perfect outings in surreal settings, like a voyage on a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat, visits to lively local markets and a private beachside Bedouin-themed dinner.
- A three-night cruise along the Nile River with premium accommodations and themed entertainment, followed by a two-night stay at a luxurious beachside resort in Sharm El Sheikh, including a full day snorkeling excursion on a private boat to visit the famous coral reefs of the Red Sea.
Adventures by Disney® will offer 11 Egypt departures in 2020, five of which are reserved for adult travelers. The adult-only itinerary features an exclusive VIP tour of the conservation rooms at the Grand Egyptian Museum, where millennia-old artifacts lie uncovered and unrestored — a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Adventures by Disney® Guests.
New Experiences Offer Sophisticated Fun for Adults
New adult-exclusive programming includes the behind-the-scenes museum tour in Egypt; a ceviche cooking class and artisan beer tasting in Costa Rica; a culinary walking tour of Athens’ central market in Greece; a behind-the-scenes experience at a Sichuan “face-changing” opera in China; a premium five-course meal with cocktail pairings in Australia; mango-carving and coffee-tasting activities in Laos; and a private nighttime excursion in search of the Northern Lights in Iceland, among others.
Returning Adventures to the Old West, Far East and Beyond
Adventures by Disney® 2020 itinerary lineup includes the return of popular itineraries around the globe. With more than 35 vacations on six continents currently available in the growing portfolio. The diverse mix of itineraries includes incredible international destinations such as Japan, South Africa, Peru and Scotland. As well as some of North America’s most iconic sites including Alaska, New York City, and Arizona and Utah. These purposefully designed, hassle-free vacation experiences provide unique opportunities for families to discover the world together, along with the expert services of two Disney-trained Adventure Guides.
They are also continuing to enhance existing itineraries with compelling new activities for guests to enjoy. During the Montana and Yellowstone National Park vacation — which transports guests to the Old West to witness spectacular natural wonders, go glamping under the stars and live large at a rustic dude ranch — new experiences in 2020 include a visit to the Norris Geyser Basin and one-night stay in beautiful Bozeman, Montana.
Adventures by Disney® also recently announced their most extensive season of European river cruises ever for 2020, including a brand-new vacation in southern France along the Rhone River. The record-breaking 27 departures also include itineraries on the Danube, Rhine and Seine rivers. Sailing with AmaWaterways, a premier luxury river cruise line, these all-inclusive vacations allow guests to explore the heart of Europe in a way that’s active, immersive and worry-free. River cruise adventures for 2020 are currently available for booking.
View current Adventures by Disney® offers here.